Looking for a way to connect with others and grow yourself at the same time? Consider creating a Personal Growth Book Club!
Here are some steps that will help lead your book club to success:
- Create a group of family, friends, colleagues, or strangers that all have a desire to grow and connect!
- Have the group pick a Personal Growth book to read. Click here to check out First United's Recommended Reading list for 2020.
- Create a schedule of weekly or monthly meetings to meet safely. This can be done virtually with tools such as Microsoft Teams, WebEx, or a basic onference call.
- Choose a number of chapters that is feasible for the group to complete and report on each meeting.
- Pick a leader for each meeting to set up the next meeting, drive the meeting discussion points, and hold each other accountable.
- Remember “Vegas Rules" and create a safe environment for people to open up and share true thoughts and feelings.
- Use your meetings to discuss top takeaways or points that really spoke to them. Here are some suggested meeting discussion points:
- Have team bring back 3 bullet points they captured.
- How does the content relate to their personal or work experiences
- How can they see themselves using the new information in the future and/or make an action plan