Gifts for Everyone on Your Christmas List
Christmas giving and shopping can be so much fun, but it can also be very stressful. It’s easy to get swept up in shopping and giving, and not even realize you have spent too much money. Have a Christmas budget so you’ll know exactly how much you can spend for all of your holiday giving, decorations, wrapping, entertaining, meals and travel.
As you review the names on your Christmas list you may be stumped at what to give. Sometimes it’s hard to find store-bought gifts that are meaningful and affordable. Don’t stress and don’t break your budget; remember that a gift from the heart is always appreciated.
Here are a few tips and ideas to help with your gift giving:
Give the Gift of Time and Talents
- Gift Certificate for You: One of the best gifts that doesn’t cost much money is the gift of your time and talents. Are you a world-class babysitter or love to decorate for the holidays? Are you an organizer deluxe or gadgets whiz? Not only does it not cost you money, but it gives you the opportunity to give a little bit of what makes you amazing! Create a gift certificate and wrap it with love and care, then experience the joy you will give and get out of Christmas.
Give the Gift of Kindness and Generosity
- Note - Send someone a handwritten note in a Christmas card letting them know how much they mean to you.
- Reminder of the Good Times - Think of a day in your life that meant a lot to someone and recreate it with photos, music, stories, or food—anything that helps you share that memory over again and even creates a new memory to share.
- Time and attention - Listening and giving someone all of your attention, which seems crazy in today’s technology-driven world. How about putting down your cell phone and giving good old fashioned eye contact? Really listening to someone shows you value them, and it’s a gift we should give one another all year long.
- Donation - Instead of buying a gift, make a donation in someone’s name to a cause or group they are passionate about. Being generous in their name and doing good for others is a win-win for everyone.
Give the Gift of Creativity and Talents
- Gift Made with Love - Are you a great baker? A “Pinterest” junky? An amateur photographer? Instead of buying something online or off the shelves, how about giving a bit of your creative self this Christmas? Homemade gifts can be less expensive, and can leave lasting memories. If you’re not artistic or creative, look for arts & crafts shows or local shops in your area and support local artists and businesses.
In the end, the good news is you don’t have to buy more “stuff” to bring joy to others this Christmas.
YOU + time+ kindness + generosity + creativity + talents = JOYFUL Christmas gifts and memories!